GTA 5 does not start – help these tricks
GTA 5 Launcher does not start: With these methods you can get the game to run
First check whether your PC meets the minimum requirements for GTA 5.
If this is the case, a simple restart of your computer can often fix the problem.
1. If the game still does not start, check the version of your graphics card driver. If necessary, install the latest drivers via the manufacturer’s pages of NVIDIA, Intel or AMD.
2. If this does not help, you can update GTA 5 via the Rockstar Social Club. Download the latest version of Rockstar and install the social club in the “C: \ Program Files \ Rockstar Games \ Social Club” directory.
3. If necessary, you have to reinstall the game to fix any errors or to receive a newer version of the game.
4. If you have installed the game in Steam, the repair service is available via Steam. To do this, go to your game library and right-click on “Grand Theft Auto 5” and select “Properties” in the drop-down menu. Then click on the “Local Files” tab and “Check the game files for errors”.
- In some cases, Windows prevents the execution of certain files if you start without administrator rights. Right-click on the EXE file of the game and select “Run as administrator” there.